Sports biomechanics that gives you the winning edge
We help you push the limits of athletic performance with technology that gives you unique insights into the workings of the human body – sports biomechanics. Explore a wide range of possibilities ranging from the evaluation of athlete technique, injury risk and creating equipment and sports technology that is optimal for specific performance goals.
AnyBody applications in sports
- Gait and running – technique, footwear assessment etc.
- Swimming – stroke technique, muscle coordination etc.
- Skiing – equipment, injury risk etc.
- Soccer – ACL, long-term injury risk etc.
- Numerical measures of performance & injury risk
Recent sports biomechanics research
- Rasmussen J, Skejø S, Waagepetersen RP, (2023), “Predicting tissue loads in running from inertial measurement units”. Preprints, [ DOI, WWW ]
- Simonsen EB, Stensvig M, Andersen TB, Andersen MS, (2023), “Propulsive fractions of joint work during maximal sprint running”. Sport Sci. Health, [ DOI ]
- Auer S, Kubowitsch S, Dendorfer S, (2023), “Kombinierter Einfluss von psychologischen und biomechanischen Faktoren auf die muskulären Belastungen beim Fußballspielen”. Die Orthopädie, [ DOI ]
- Li H, Peng F, Lyu S, Ji Z, Li X, Liu M, (2023), “Newly compiled Tai Chi (Bafa Wubu) promotes lower extremity exercise: a preliminary cross sectional study”. PeerJ, vol. 11, pp. e15036. [ DOI, WWW ]
- Ren S, Liu X, Li H, Guo Y, Zhang Y, Liang Z, Zhang S, Huang H, Huang X, Ma Z, Rong Q, Ao Y, (2022), “Identification of Kinetic Abnormalities in Male Patients after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficiency Combined with Meniscal Injury: A Musculoskeletal Model Study of Lower Limbs during Jogging”. Bioengineering, vol. 9, pp. 716. [ DOI, WWW ]
- Takeshita Y, Kawada M, Miyazaki T, Nakai Y, Araki S, Nakatsuji S, Matsuzawa Y, Nakashima S, Kiyama R, (2022), “Effects of Knee Flexion Angles on the Joint Force and Muscle Force during Bridging Exercise: A Musculoskeletal Model Simulation”. J. Healthc. Eng., vol. 2022, [ DOI, WWW ]
- Lund Ohlsson M, Danvind J, Holmberg LJ, (2022), “Estimation of muscular metabolic power in two different cross-country sit-skiing sledges using inverse-dynamics simulation”. Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering, vol. 9, pp. 20556683221131557. [ DOI ]
- Dupré T (2021), “Groin injuries in soccer“, Ph.D. Thesis, Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln.
- Kersting UG, Støttrup N, Larsen FG (2021), “The influence of shaft stiffness on joint kinematics and kinetics during hiking“, J. Biomech., pp. 110643. [DOI, WWW]
- Lace KL, Błażkiewicz M (2021), “How does the ski boot affect human gait and joint loading?“, Biomed. Hum. Kinet., vol. 13, pp. 163-169. [DOI, WWW]
- Zongxing L, Shengxian Y, Xiangwen W, Xiaohui C, Chao J (2021), “The Effect of Crank Length Changes from Cycling Rehabilitation on Muscle Behaviors“, Appl. Bionics Biomech., vol. 2021. [DOI, WWW]
- Hungenahalli Shivanna B (2020), “Musculoskeletal modeling of ballet“, Thesis. [WWW]
- Kurpiers N, McAlpine P, Kersting UG (2020), “A biomechanical field testing approach in snow sports: Case studies toward a detailed analysis of joint loading“, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology, pp. 1754337120918037. [DOI]
- Phillips CW, Forrester AI, Hudson DA, Turnock SR (2020), “Propulsive efficiency of alternative underwater flykick techniques for swimmers“, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology, pp. 1754337120912610. [DOI]
- Kobayashi Y, Tanaka K (2018), “Evaluation of a Competition Wheelchair Based on Estimation of Muscle Activity for Forward Linear Operation by Using Inverse Dynamics Analysis“, Proc. AMIA Annu. Fall Symp., vol. 2, pp. 259. [DOI, WWW]
Recent sports biomechanics webcasts
- From Vicon motion capture data to musculoskeletal analysis using AnyBody
- Introduction to AnyBodyRun – A web application for running biomechanics
- Effect of mental demand on leg loading in highly dynamic motion
- Cross-Country Sit-Skiing
- Outdoor Motion Capture and Musculoskeletal Simulations
- Ground reaction force prediction with the AnyBody Modeling System