Innovate towards better mobility and endurance
Our technology helps you create equipment and work environments that optimally tradeoff human endurance, performance and comfort. Our products and services help you builder better crew and combat vehicles, safer protective equipment and improve mobility and efficiency of personnel.
- Vehicle crew compartment design
- Ergonomic cockpit layout
- Seating comfort – H-point, lumbar support etc.
- Evaluating military exoskeletons (read more here)
- Designing for population anthropometry
- Helmets analysis – neck pain
- Ingress/egress analysis – mobility, effort etc.
- Hatch & door operation
- Optimal man-machine interfaces
- Pre-collision occupant response
- Load bearing equipment – analysis & design
Recent defense research
- Gao Y, Epstein S, Inalpolat M, Wu YN, Gu Y, (2023), “Modeling of Interface Loads for EOD Suit Wearers”. arXiv [eess.SP], [ WWW ]
- Kessels I, Koopman B, Verdonschot N, Marra M, Gijsbertse K, (2021), “The Added Value of Musculoskeletal Simulation for the Study of Physical Performance in Military Tasks”. Sensors , vol. 21, [ DOI, WWW ]
- Qu H, Yu LJ, Wu JT, Liu G, Liu SH, Teng P, Ding L, Zhao Y, (2020), “Spine system changes in soldiers after load carriage training in a plateau environment: a prediction model research”. Mil Med Res, vol. 7, pp. 63. [ DOI, WWW ]
- Deane NC (2020), “Pressure Monitoring Based Identification of the EOD Suit: Human Interface Load Distribution and Ergonomics“, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Massachusetts Lowell. [WWW]
- Trapanese S, Naddeo A, Cappetti N (2016), “A Preventive Evaluation of Perceived Postural Comfort in Car-Cockpit Design: Differences between the Postural Approach and the Accurate Muscular Simulation under Different Load Conditions in the Case of Steering-Wheel Usage“, In: SAE Technical Paper Series. [DOI, WWW]
- Li W, Zhang M, Lv G, Han Q, Gao Y, Wang Y, Tan Q, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Li Z (2015), “Biomechanical response of the musculoskeletal system to whole body vibration using a seated driver model“, Int. J. Ind. Ergon., vol. 45, pp. 91-97. [DOI, WWW]
- Xiao-hong JI, Jun-bing MA, Ren-cheng WA, Fang PU, Fang SU (2012), “Effect of helmet mass and mass center on neck muscle strength in military pilots“, Journal of Medical Biomechanics. [WWW]
- Rasmussen J, de Zee M (2008), “Design Optimization of Airline Seats“, SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Electron. Electr. Syst., vol. 1, pp. 580-584. [DOI, WWW]