The AnyBody Modeling System allows you to analyze work situations in health care by comparing subjects, scenarios, trends, statistics and visualize and review the intervention effects. Health care related tasks such as manual patient handling, are often identified as one of the causes of musculoskeletal disorders among caregivers. Use biomechanical parameters to estimate the risk of injury when repositioning and pulling patients up in bed with or without the use of various repositioning aids.
- Testing of commonly used repositioning aids across patients of different anthropometrics
- Joint load analysis during manual patient handling of patients with varying anthropometrics
- Analysis of peak each lumbar joint compressive load during manual patient handling (Comparison to the 3400N limit for spinal compressive loading at the L5/S1 level as recommended by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Assessment of joint loads during various working postures to reduce strain on the practitioner’s musculoskeletal system
Contact us to learn more or to discuss how we could solve your problem
“Thanks to the AnyBody Modeling System and the amazing supports from its engineers, we were able to successfully finish our patient repositioning project and publish two articles on top-tier journals. The AnyBody Modeling System helped us scaling the model according to the anthropometry of each subject, reconstructing kinematic movements and performing inverse dynamics analyses to estimate muscle forces and joint loads.”
Victor Zhou, Ergonomics researcher at Hillrom
- Melzner M, Ismail KM, Rušavý Z, Kališ V, Süß F, Dendorfer S (2021), “Musculoskeletal lower back load of accoucheurs during childbirth – A pilot and feasibility study“, Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol., vol. 264, pp. 306-313. [DOI]
- Wiggermann N, Zhou J, McGann N (2020), “Effect of Repositioning Aids and Patient Weight on Biomechanical Stresses When Repositioning Patients in Bed“, Hum. Factors, pp. 18720819895850. [DOI]
- Vychytil J, Havelková L, Čechová H, Zítka T, Melzner M (2020), “Injury prevention during childbirth: The model of obstetrician“, Mathematical Modeling, vol. 4, pp. 125-127.
- Zhou J, Wiggermann N (2020), “The effects of hospital bed features on physical stresses on caregivers when repositioning patients in bed“, Appl. Ergon., vol. 90, pp. 103259. [DOI]
- Wu R, Wang J, Chen W, Wang P (2020), “Design of a transfer robot for the assistance of elderly and disabled“, Adv. Robot., pp. 1-11. [DOI]
- Zhou J, Wiggermann N (2019), “Physical Stresses on Caregivers when Pulling Patients Up in Bed: Effect of Repositioning Aids and Patient Weight“, Proc. Hum. Fact. Ergon. Soc. Annu. Meet., vol. 63, pp. 1057-1061. [DOI]
- Kitagawa K, Nishisako Y, Nagasaki T, Nakano S, Wada C (2019), “MUSCULOSKELETAL SIMULATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FOOT POSITION AND STRESS OF THE L4–L5 JOINT IN SUPPORTING STANDING-UP MOTION TO PREVENT LOW BACK PAIN AMONG CAREGIVERS“, J. Mech. Med. Biol., vol. 19, pp. 1940016. [DOI]