Gait and running - technique, footwear assessment etc.
Central to locomotion focused questions are the need to quantify the internal body forces and load on structural elements. The AnyBody Managed Model Repository (AMMR) provides ready-to-use models for both gait and running analysis. Recent development has made it possible to generate statistical patterns of running with the ability to control key aspect of the running pattern. This allows for sophisticated “what-if” analysis of running movements and proper running technique for optimal performance. A great example of this can be seen at www.anybodyrun.com
- Biomechanics of sports shoes
- Muscle and joint loading during running
- Injury risk identification
- Sylvester AD, Lautzenheiser SG, Kramer PA (2021), "A review of musculoskeletal modelling of human locomotion", Interface Focus, vol. 11, pp. 20200060. [PDF, DOI]
- Liu X, Huang H, Ren S, Ao Y, Rong Q (2020), "Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries Alter the Kinematics and Kinetics of Knees with or Without Meniscal Deficiency", In: Multibody Dynamics 2019, pp. 11-17. [DOI]
- Wunsch T, Alexander N, Kröll J, Schwameder H (2015), "Effects of a leaf spring structured midsole on lower limb muscle forces in running", Footwear Sci., vol. 7, pp. S153-S155. [DOI]
- Kersting UG (2012), "Implications of subtalar joint motion for muscle and joint loading during running", In: Journal of Foot and Ankle Research.